Friday, September 15, 2006

Vaginal birth not an option!

So did you read about the woman in Connecticut who gave birth to a 14 pound 13 ounce baby? Holy Lord! Thank God she had a c-section--could a vaginal birth have even been possible? Scary thought!

My first was 9 pounds even. Though I sport some quite shapely hips, this came as a suprise to everyone, including my doctor. In addition to his enormous head, he made his grand entrance waving his right hand at the world, better known as a compound presentation. As a result, I wound up with a sizeable episiotomy and a 4th degree tear. Not fun! So the thought of giving birth to a 14 pound 13 ounce baby, any way it may come out, makes me shudder.

1 Comments:

Blogger SpicyBBQ said...

Ouch!

I started a blog w/my mom at sauceymama.blogspot.com (my spelling is terrible:) and typed yours in by accident! Anyway, imagine my dismay to see details of my birth thinking it was my mom posting! LOL!

Keep on bloggin'!

5:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home